Friday, January 16, 2009

Trash Watch

There's a chance that my neighbor is mad at me. I'm not 100% sure...but I have a feeling she's annoyed with me at the moment.

I think this because my trash bin is still sitting at the edge of my driveway. Trash day is on Wednesday, and every Wednesday morning I haul the bin out to the edge of my drive. And every Wednesday afternoon, by the time I get home, my neighbor has hauled it back to it's dwelling place before I get a chance to do it.

I've always appreciated the fact that she's so considerate. I mean...I AM capable of hauling my own stinky trash bin back to the side of the house, but it's really sweet of her to do it for me. And while I've never actually thanked her for doing it, I kind of got used to it.

But this week, she hasn't done it. And since I've had Evan with me, it's not been high on my list of priorities to go out in the freezing cold and haul it back in. So it's Friday morning, and my trash bin is still sitting out by the road...it looks lonely now...since all of its trash bin friends have been rolled back to their rightful spots. It's like a sad little kid with no one to play with.

Maybe she's mad because she took the time to put Christmas wreaths on all of my windows over the holidays and I didn't show the appropriate appreciation.

Maybe it's because she bought me and my son Christmas presents and I didn't get her anything.

Maybe it's because she set me up with her son, Mr. Right, and I broke his heart.

Or maybe she's not mad and she just figures "Hey...it's 7 degrees out here...you can haul in your own damn trash bin."

I'm hoping it's because of the freezing temperatures. But I'm fearful it's because she thinks I'm an unappreciative, heartbreaking, bitch. If my trash bin keeps getting left out in the cold, I'm afraid I'll have my answer.

Be thankful you don't live next door to me. Apparently I'm a horrible neighbor!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, personally, it would annoy the hell out of me if my neighbor put up Christmas wreaths on my windows and hauled my trash bin back to the side of my house. Maybe I've turned into a Yankee, but I feel like that's an invasion of privacy. In fact, it is legally trespassing on private property. I say call the cops. :-)

Amy said...

I wish I had someone to take my trash out. Do you think your neighbor would come do that for me? :)