Friday, April 10, 2009

As promised....FATTY FRIDAY...volume 1

I know....you've been EAGERLY awaiting an opportunity to jump on this post like a chunky pole dancing, soapmaking blogger on a "trawberry nuffin." Rest easy, my friend....

IT'S FATTY FRIDAY!
So what exactly IS Fatty Friday, you ask? Well....it's my new method of being accountable for the amount of fat that is currently hanging on for dear life to my belly and back. And while there's not nearly as much there as that one time just after I spawned another human being...there're still plenty of jiggling bits hanging around...much to my dismay.
Since the human being that I spawned that one time is now 2 years old, I don't think I can get away any longer with blaming the jiggling bits on him. It's accountability time, baby! I had decided that I was going to weigh myself and ACTUALLY POST MY WEIGHT ON THE INTERNET FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE. I know....isn't that the craziest thing you ever heard!? I was really going to do it. I was just going to throw every ounce of pride left in me to the wind. I figured that if you all knew exactly what my starting weight was, that it might just "internet peer pressure" me into sticking to my gameplan of shedding some serious poundage.
But I couldn't find my bathroom scale this morning. I'll hunt for it this weekend, and in the meantime seriously consider that maybe the fact that I couldn't find the bathroom scale is a sign that God doesn't want me to experience such vast internet humiliation. Can I get an AMEN?
So instead of broadcasting my weight, I will instead confess that last night, just before I embarked on this Fatty Friday journey, I met up with The Musicmaker. And I MAY have had a tall, full fat, shot of sugary hazelnut syrup added, whipped cream topped hot chocolate.
And MAYBE.....just MAYBE...I chased it with a Rice Krispie treat the size of my face.
And MAYBE...just MAYBE....while I was eating the Rice Krispie treat the size of my face and she was chomping on a triangular wedge of fudgy goodness....there MIGHT possibly have been a conversational exchange about certain people we went to college with who have gained so much weight that we feel sorry for them. (Said, of course with love...and while throwing the last bits of sugary goodness into our mouths.)
The irony of that conversation is not lost on us....and I feel pretty certain that I, for one, will shortly be reaping the deserved punishment of "Raw Vegetables and Sugar Detox." Let the games begin. Anyone else want to confess as we climb aboard the accountability train?
Welcome to Fatty Friday!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Haha! I love the fact that you "couldn't find your bathroom scale." :)

I love your guts. I may just need a Fatty Friday post of my very own.

Unknown said...

How's this one for hurting your pride? Since my hubby and I have gotten married, he has LOST weight and I have GAINED. I always thought it was supposed to be the other way around. Isn't he supposed to gain tons of weight post-nuptials because of my fabulous cooking??!?!? I am humiliated every time one of his family members comments on the weight he has lost. Especially his mother. . . .

Jen said...

I'll hop on the wagon with you, but I am DEFINITELY not posting my weight for all the world to see. Suffice it to say that since I started trying to lose weight (eight months after I spawned a human being that one time), I have lost 30 pounds, and I still need to lose 40 pounds to be at my ultimate goal weight, i.e. I would be at a healthy weight for my height by any standard, plus then I could wear those $$$ designer jeans (like I need something else to spend money on).

I started Weight Watchers about ten months ago. So I've lost 30 pounds in ten months, but for most of the winter I wasn't trying (it's a miracle I didn't gain the way I ate over the holidays). Basically I lost 20 pounds in three months and then 10 more over the course of seven months where I would diet for a couple of weeks, then splurge for a couple of weeks. I am now 10 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight, which I'm pretty excited about! Today is my third official day of being back on the WW plan, which is not necessarily low-carb, but I can't do low-carb since it causes the body to go into a catabolic state and that is not a healthy environment for the fetus which will hopefully be inhabiting my womb in the near future.

Anyway, staying on the WW plan for three days in a row is a great start for me, and here's to hoping we both reap some benefits from Fatty Friday! And as for your hot chocolate/marshmallow crispy rice splurge . . . what better time of year for a "last supper"?